Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A shade better...

Hello! Sarah here with my weekly antics for Less is More where we dabble with one-layer stamping and "Something with legs". Legs. That could well be your patience which often likes to run away within this inky realm. Last week was a tale of woe and failed efforts, yet this week is the other side of the flipped coin... Had a thought, tried out some colours and went for it. This one was a hole-in-one. Yes - first time! That definitely constitutes a tribal dance around the swivel chair.
I sponged the sunset using Distress Inks and post it notes going for a graduated effect and sharp edges. Then I over stamped with the top portion of this wonderful bird stamp from Paper Artsy in Coffee. The card base is off white so I felt a brown tone was a better choice than black.

I needed to add some grounding and contrast which I did with a simple green section, opting for softer edges this time. I finished things off with the word 'birdsong' which is stamped using individual alphabet pegs. Just one of those small sets you often see in many a shop. I have four sets and use them all the time! In a perfect world things would always go this smoothly but I'll settle for today because this one is giving me good vibes all over.

 Just a quick reminder that you can still submit entries for My Mojo Monthly. Feeling inspired, got something to show and fancy sharing your creations with others? Please feel free to join the journey, whatever your crafting passion may be.
Thanks very much for taking the time to be here. I hope you will take a little of that sunset glow with you...

See you soon,

Sarah.

36 comments:

Jess S said...

I love this, absolutely fab....

Karen Aicken said...

What a wonderful OLC -- just love it. The colours, your choices of placement and images - love it! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

kissinia said...

Really nice! Thanks for sharing!

Sue from Oregon said...

A lovely CAS creation!

Suzi B said...

Fabulous! I love it.
Sue :)

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Sarah and the sentiment stamping is perfect... it is SO difficult to use those pegs perfectly... and this is just that...perfect!
I love everything about it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Fantastic card Sarah
I love the layout of the design
Just fabulous! [as always]
Thank you very much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Sientje said...

Beautiful card.

Suze Bain said...

Just love the birds and grass silhouetted against the block of colour. Fab. xx

hazel said...

Fabulous creation - I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Cynthia Schelzig said...

What a beautiful card!!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Beautiful!
x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Fabulous - love the colours!

TAM said...

Stunning card

Maribel said...

Precious,I love it, it is very delicate.

Franka Benjaminsen said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colours and theme.
xFranka

GinaA said...

Amazing, eye catching, glorious card.

Viv said...

Such a brilliant card, well done. I would also have been pleased if I had made this, may even have done a little dance too he he! :O) Viv xx

Kathleen said...

This is a wonderful card, love the orange and green patches they just look superb.

Kath x

Jenny said...

Beautiful card Sarah, love how you colour blocked the sunset strip :)
Jenny x

Kathyk said...

Very nice indeed - love your panel of colour too

Kathyk

Carla said...

beautiful colours

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful Sarah a real masterpiece and so glad you did a tribal dance even if it was only around the swivel chair. Your stamping is fabulous .

Marie

Isabelle Norris said...

Beautiful one layer card! love the colours
isa

Beryl K said...

Love the colours on this, stunning card
Beryl x

Aileen said...

Love the graphic feel to your design. The colours are fab together. Very impressed with your sentiment, i doubt i'd get them to line up so well! x

VICTORIA said...

Great card I love the colors. :)

Lyn S said...

Beautiful card! I love your swatches of colour!

Vicky Hayes said...

A beautiful design Sarah in fabulous colours!

Debby said...

Very nice!
Debby

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous in fact! hugs Samantha

Sally H said...

That is Beautiful! Love the colours!

Lynne K said...

Stunning card! Love it!

Lynne x

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card, it has amazing depth for a OLC!

Kaz said...

WOW what a fab card! Love every thing about this.
Kaz x

Juls said...

this is so stylish and creative!! I love it!! Hugs Juls