Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hanging in there...

Hello,
Tis I... the midnight blogger dropping in with a card for Less is More and also the Everything Wendy Vecchi group. I'm combining the two as it's a full week here with guests, DT work and holidays looming - so limited dabbling. But I didn't want to miss out and managed to squeeze this one in....thought of it while cleaning the bathroom (!?!) and had just 10 minutes to make it happen...

 Buttons and ribbons are on the agenda at Less is More whilst it's birdies at EWV.  I had the idea for some kind of hanging perch and experimented with my circle punches. At first it resembled a big Barmaid Bet Lynch earring but was soon transformed with some spotty paper and ink. The little birdy is a Wendy Vecchi stamp which I love as it is so simple and modest.

I wove a short length of textured ribbon through the frame and added a button. The whole thing is then suspended from a longer brown ribbon, finished off with a simple Hero Arts word stamp. Hope Mandi will survive the snipped ribbon edges but my bird wants to swing a little! Actually very pleased with the look and amazed I coped with the 10 minute guillotine...

Signing out again, the craft room needs some TLC before dawn breaks... Thanks for calling by, always very much appreciated!
À bientôt,

Sarah

29 comments:

2amscrapper said...

ooh, I like this very much! here from EWV

Micki said...

I love it..... love the simplicity yet it's so elegant. Timeless classic beautiful card. :-)

Angie said...

VERY nice!! REALLY dig this one...and the swingy perch is perfect!

Chrissie said...

Ten minutes or however long you spend on a card, they all turn out beautifully.
This is delightful, the positioning is perfect and the subject most pleasing.
Another superb submission.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

A perfect card, had me laughing re the earing. Looks good now its finished.

Alexandra said...

This is so very pretty, I love the wee bird. Another stamp set I need, lol
Alexandra from EWV

kissinia said...

Stunning! Great approach to CAS style card. Beautiful.

JoZart Designs said...

That's so cool, both classy and quirky, if you know what I mean!
Love JoZarty x

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous. Love the colours and that little birdie looks so happy swinging on it's perch. xx

Debs M said...

great idea x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful card, a ten minute card but so effective. Love the bird. Tracy x

Jenny said...

A wonderful card, I love the style of perch and the ribbon is perfectly placed through the loop :)
Love that you got the idea whilst cleaning the bathroom!!!
Jenny x

PsyPenguin said...

What a beautiful card! I love the simplicity and elegance. xx

Juls said...

very gorgeous and stylish!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Sasha said...

Simply gorgeous! I love bird images, and you have made a fabulous job of diplaying your little bird!

Marlena M. said...

I love this effect! ;)

Vicky Hayes said...

So beautiful and unusual Sarah. Definitely not a hint of the BL earring now! I know what you mean about limited crafting time but enjoy your guests!

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful card!!! Love the design!!!

Mandi said...

Fantastic and original as ever Sarah
Thanks for entering
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sarah

Fabulous design love what you've done on your card here - different and just great!

Take care

Tina (no 154)
X

fatmonica said...

I just love this card-it's fabulous!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Your cards stand out a mile ! Beautiful card Sarah always a pleasure to see such great inspirational work ! Ten minutes you say !!!!! Well done you !

Marie

Isabelle Norris said...

This is adorable :)

Angie said...

This is gorgoeus ...and clever xx

Aileen said...

Love the whole concept, well done. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card!

Kerry said...

Very pretty x

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! Love the little ribbon for the bird to sit on - nice touch! And the hanging 'nest' is another great one.

G Peplow said...

Hi there Sarah, fabulous card, love the earring bit but it doesn't look like that now just very classy! :0) Gay xxx