Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Frugal yet free...

Rolling in with my clean and simple card for Less is More.  We are doing Circles and pondering the rise of CAS challenges. I think there are strong similarities in both the crafty and social worlds... many are becoming becoming more frugal and cutting out the frills - be it for financial or moral reasons. A bit of the strict Victoriana ethos creeping in there. Restrictions and simplicity can actually offer a wealth of new insight. I genuinely enjoy and discover as much in my CAS work as I do in my other fields. When products and stash abound as never before you can easily get swamped in trends, techniques and commercial overload. To each their own and all that, somedays just freshly baked bread and butter is divine.
I have a hugely busy month and a ton of DT work to do to before my holiday so I went to what may be my "Go to" colours. But then again I love red and white 24/7! I was dabbling with inky drips and bottle top stamping but gave up. I had grunged all weekend on a mixed media DT piece so that side of my brain was all done... flip the switch.

I punched five card circles and stamped them with Darkroom Door dots. The butterfly is a Wendy Vecchi and always a joy. No foam stickies, just layered them up with a touch of glue in the centre so that they weren't glued down flat. Gives just a bit of dimension.
The peg stamps return with a hello. Found them at the stationers just this weekend. In the 2x2m "Craft Corner"...!
There is a closet girly in all of us...let her out to play I say... Polka dots, butterflies and prettiness. Sir, yes, Sir! Do you also have some  inspiration and art to share? Why not join in at My Mojo Monthly and show off latest your creative dabbling. Huge thanks to Chrissie and Mandi for a bona fide CAS society!
See you soon,
Sarah.

18 comments:

Chrissie said...

Both your post and your card are as wonderful as ever Sarah. I look forward each week to see what appears from your hand.
Your work with peg stamps makes me wish I bought some when they were cheap in the Paper Mill shop before its demise. Maybe eBay will get a visit.
As ever, thanks so much for your support in our challenges.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

kissinia said...

Sarah, this card is adorable. Lovely colours and I love your interpretations of the circles theme! Hugs, Kissinia

Unknown said...

That is such a crisp and clear card, and yet within its simplicity there is so much to look at, a wonderful combination.

Beryl K said...

Gorgeous card, love it
Beryl x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

You do clean and simple so well. Who doesn't love a few polkadots:)

Sharon said...

what a stunning card!! Love how you have incorporated circles!!

Lesley Edmonds said...

Perfect in every way. I love the simplicity and the design. Wonderful card.
x

Cynthia Schelzig said...

Fabulous work....love it!

Lynne said...

Fabulous! Loving all the red.
Lynne xxx

Debs M said...

gorgeous, love the red and white x

Viv said...

Lovely card, great colour and layout too, excellent :O) Viv xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Always a pleasure to " read you " and to see your gorgeous creations. You are a very clever crafter with a quick wit and a fabulous eye for detail, love to visit it's always an inspiration, thank you.

Marie

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your red and white card Sarah. I totally agree that creativity can blossom when there are a few boundaries or restrictions but I'm not sure whether the Victorians understood that - frills were their thing! Vx

Mandi said...

Wonderful card SArah
I love it!
Perfect
Thank you so much
Diva LIM
"Less is More"

Juls said...

such a fun and stylish card! Hugs Juls

Suze Bain said...

Love the bright & bold red & white. Stunning. xx

Jess S said...

love this card, and your post is very thought provoking too...

Ali said...

Fabulous cards designs these cards are looking too much pretty and red color is too much attractive...
Scratch Card Printing
clear business cards
Membership card printing