Friday, July 8, 2011

Rainy days and Grungedays...

Hello again,
Well, it has been a very wet summers day here with heavy downpours just falling out of nowhere. But Mother Nature is a happy lady and all the greenery is looking perky. Maybe that influenced my colours and mood for Grungy Monday. See this week's arty dabblings from Mr. T here. I thought I'd see what would happen if I embossed my tag with paint rather than stamping and I am loving the result.


Texture, oozing paint... all fine with me. I've used several hefty doses of Stream and Lettuce, all laden with Perfect Pearls letting it run and seep where it wanted to. I didn't want to hide the detail so I stamped and cut out the frame image, adding a Mica scrap stamped with the birds.

 These words reflected the mood and I added a memo pin as a string holder. Inked and painted some string and attached it with rusty staples down the side to give a feeling of movement.



Here you can see a bit more detail and that oh so lovely paint. I think you get my point about liking it!!! All the splodges and smudges are right at home on a Grungy tag...
The rain filled day was my inspiration...what's yours? Maybe you'd like to share your piece with My Mojo Monthly? Would love to see you there and if you are into Art Journalling, then this months prize is for you!

Thanks for taking time to be here. Last weeks tag is off to it's new home with Shari in Michigan. Bon Voyage!

Be seeing you soon, Sarah.

23 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful, love your color choices!

Andrea said...

So lovely, the colours are beautiful and I love how you have offset the birds. Thanks for sharing

craftytrog said...

Love the colours & design of your beautiful tag Sarah! Great idea to use embossing with the paint!
Alison x

kissinia said...

Love these colours. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

That is a gorgeous tag.

Zoechaos said...

Fantastic! XOXO Zoe

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning tag!!!

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous and has lifted up my grey day sat in work during lunch as it is p*****g oops - raining heavily!!

Gabrielle said...

I love how you have looked out of the rain streaked window and used the colours you saw! So glad you don't live in a concrete bunker! Love the offset frame - seemed to sum up my mood this week!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL tag, Sarah!! :)

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous colors, Sarah, and what a neat idea to frame the birds!

Evelyn S. said...

Now, here are colors that I love to see together! It's a rich combination of those colors, text and embellishments! Beautiful work.

Franka Benjaminsen said...

Wonderful!!!! I like these colours and how the combined with each other. Hope more days with rain coming soon, because they give you a great inspiration ;-).
xFranka

Unknown said...

Loving your tag very yum and good idea to use a splodge of paint too ;0) Dxx

JoZart Designs said...

Beautiful tag, amazing colour choice.
Catchin up so love from JoZarty in a hurry away in Brighton with family...
xxx

Jane said...

Gorgeous colors. Love your artwork.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm, colour.... :P I love the bluey-greeniness of it. It's the colour of the sea in little coves. I want to go to the seaside right NOW!! XX

Lezlie S. said...

Love this card! Don't ever stop making and sharing with us! Beautiful....

Shelly Hickox said...

Ooooh, I commented on this on the ATT group, but had to say again how much I love this! Really beautiful tag!

Rachelxx said...

Lovely tag - the colours are gorgeous :-)

Linda Ledbetter said...

I think "Rainy days and Grungedays" may be my favorite blog post title EVER! Love it and I love this spectacular work of art you've created, Sarah! Those colors are just stunning, and the harlequin pattern is perfect for the GM14 technique. I love how you framed in the flock of birds, and the antiqued look of the sentiment is such a fabulous contrast to the cool, vibrant background.

penny4thoughts said...

Such rich colors and textures - love your tag!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Great tag, zingy, lively colours , great embossing and stamping , love how the frame is off the edge.

Marie