Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Not Circling Around the Truth...

Hello to Tuesday and anyone just calling by...
Yesterday, I couldn't wait to get onto my Less is More lovelies... I have been working flat out to complete some pretty complicated design work and I was in desperate need of some simplicity and white space! I was playing around with a circle  punch for something else and then started playing around with these... I'd also promised myself some colour as a recent string of vintage makes have left me with a slight case of Sepia overload.
I just love these patterns, all topped off with a wooden fluttery. As everything is concentrated in the corner, I think you can get away with a splash of bright spots and florals! On a big scale it wouldn't work, but here the expanse of soothing green card tones it all down. YUMMY!

It was so much fun, I had to have another go and see what happened with different sized circles and more subdued colours. Again, a wacky combo but it all works...having the right sized sentiment also creates balance...almost three funky planets there!



And would you believe... yes, I have succombed to the Chrimbo Limbo. I spotted this lovey-dovey birdy paper in my scrap box, an oldie from Pink Paislee, and thought they might also be able to do a little 'Two Turtle Doves' show for me...
They were more than happy to play along and 'pop' with a touch of Festive Green in the mix. So there you go, three quick and easy card ideas. I do recommend a good dose of pretty papers and white space at least once a week. It did me the world of good! I must flutter away myself, thanks for taking a peek. Sarah.

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

These are all just great Sarah... whatever you do looks ace!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Crafty Loops said...

Sarah these are gorgeous. I love the simplistic nature of them, but they really are so effective. Really fabulous cards. Lee xx

Suze Bain said...

These are fab, the colours are so yummy together and a great way to use up some scraps. x

Juls said...

beautifully stylish, love your combo of papers!! Hugs Juls

G Peplow said...

Great fun and lovely designs, well done, I love them, Gay xxx

whyducks said...

Great ideas!

Jenny said...

I love to hear your thoughts and reasoning behind your LIM cards :) These are three wonderful cards, I love the circle patterns :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card ideas Sarah! x

Bugged Designs said...

gorgeous cards, really like the turtle doves one. off to check out less is more - sounds like my kind of thing.

Vicky Hayes said...

What a great design Sarah - and therapy too! I love the combination of papers and colours on the second card. Vx

Aileen said...

Super designs with the circles and the colours go really well. x

Jan said...

Lovely cards, xx Jan

Marlena M. said...

I love all the circles. Gorgeous. ;)

Mandi said...

I do love circles, or shapes mounted in this way
Wonderful cards, right up my street!

I did something vaguely similar our first week [well different lol]
Thank you
Mandi LIM

Lesley Edmonds said...

I love the simplicity of these cards.