Monday, September 19, 2011

ATC... is that Aren't They Cute?

Morning All! Monday morning strikes again so I'm starting the week off with my latest for Simon Says Stamp & Show. It's an ATC theme... Artist Trading Cards... your own creative signature in miniature! I used to make lots a while back and just love working in small detail so I was ready to rumble!
l decided to play with my smaller Art Parts from Wendy Vecchi and boy... I had real real fun. These were just great to make and I kinda fell in love with each one on the way.

A little house frame I made from scrap card, Wild Honey ink and a Scallop piece as a roof. Had to have some polka dots and a butterfly somewhere. I stamped the butterfly onto Grunge paper, cut him out and inked up the rougher reverse side. The sentiment is from the Homemade Art set and is a perfect fit!


Then lots of itty-bitty things which is one of my favourite past-times!



The background uses lots of Distress inks in Stormy Sky, Broken China and Rusty Hinge  and is stamped using the Nature's Art set.

This little one is feeling rather elegant. I used the Dress Forms and more which has been lovingly inked and the stamped with the Love to Make Art set in Ranger Snowcap Pigmnet Ink. This time I used the large butterfly stamp as an outline to create wings on a painted vintage book page.
This back ground is from the Celestial Art set. I added a stitched circle, a charm clip and a vintage earring from my stash!
And number three, looking perky. This flower is from the Florals Art Parts pack and the stripey background from Fit for a Queen set. Lots of Autumn tones using Rusty, Hinge, Scattered Straw and Bundled sage.A little stamped sign in a memo pin and a rusty washer and brad centre...
Went to town with stitching, stamped leaves, stapled wire, and well, all sorts of goodies. Can't get enough on there!

I hope you can see how versatile Art Parts are. They're just so easy to work with and immediately create dimension and interest.I could have done another 50! I'll leave that up to all of you! Look what's up for grabs, a fab shopping spree and the much desired Top Three title!
Phew! That's me all finished up for today. I'm off to dabble, my head is spinning with ideas! Thanks for taking a look. So what do you think? I'd love to hear from you and will gladly answer any questions on the crafty gossip side...

One more arty shot for you. Wishing you all an inspired week! Sarah.

19 comments:

kissinia said...

They are simply Beautiful!

alexa said...

I love these little detailed miniature works of art! The colours are wonderfully rich and glowing too.

Cardgenie said...

Sarah, this is absolutely brilliant. I love the colours and even though they all have different themes they all fit together perfectly. Love it. Jean.xx

Ann B said...

Haven't done an ATC for ages but am tempted to have a play by these gorgeous bits of art. Colours are beautiful, make me want to pull on a woolly and go out kicking fallen leaves.

Gabrielle said...

Oh! How I wish I'd thought of those! They are just wonderful! Hope work hurries up and finishes - I need to make art!

Candy C said...

Sarah...your little ATCs are so lovely! I love each of them. Love the vibrant colors, all of the darling little details and all of the technique you used on each piece. They are your usual style...brilliant! <3 Candy

Nancy Wethington said...

Oh Sarah, once again this week you've created mini-masterpieces. Your work is always amazing and inspiring.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous "Aren't They Cute" pieces of ART. I always love the little bits and pieces you add to your creations, fabulous. Love the dimension and the backgrounds, the stitching, the colours, well all of it really. So so creative. Love the striped background on the third one, which of Wendy's stamp sets is that, think I need that on my list LOL. Enjoy your week Sarah, Tracy x x

wendy vecchi said...

Aren't they cute?
YOU BET THEY ARE!

AWESOME...it already put them up on Pinterest!
wendy

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Each and every one is an absolute delight! I love all your layers and how you weave your pieces together. Wonderful colors and embellishments as always. You so nailed this challenge, Sarah!

Hope you had a great weekend!

Hugs,
Linda

Art By Wanda said...

I LOVE all of these atcs!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally fabulous!!!!

Lori said...

Oooo, these are sp stinkin' cute Sarah! Just love them to bits! Wonderful work!

Siobhan Brignull said...

what a fantastic job, would be proud to own one of these miniature works of art . . x

Vic said...

Great ATCs!!

Terry said...

My goodness, THEY ARE DARN CUTE...yep they are Sarah, absolutely great ATC's and Fabulous colors and products you've used...wwowzersss I just LOVE everything about it. wohooooo hugs terry xxx

Marjie Kemper said...

These are wonderful, Sarah. It's amazing how much you can pack on each one. LOVE your colors and how you've let things play outside the boundaries. Beauties!

Crafty Loops said...

And again your work has stunned me. You are incredibly talented. I would just love to be able to produce work like this. Lee xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh my goodness! They..are..SO..CUTE!! I love them all and the homemade fun touches, I love the stamping on the mannequin

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Juls said...

these are gorgeous!!! Love the bright colours!! Hugs Juls