Friday, September 16, 2011

Lady Be Good...

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay...my, oh, my, I'm so glad it's Friday... Because it means I'm all done with the boring stuff and the weekend is mine for the taking and I'm doing that with both hands. On Wednesday I showed you the fabulous Acey Deucy stamps I got on eBay. So, I decided that instead of just admiring them for a year or two I would ink, stamp and be very merry.

I made a Steampunk piece on Monday and a little of that metal eccentricity is still lingering. I totally love designing for Simon Says Stamp & Show but sometimes miss the thrill of the ride of being in such a great challenge.
So I'm playing along inside my own head (where there's plenty of spare room anyway...)
Played with Distress stains, inks and Picket Fence... adding details with Wendy Vecchi & Artistic Outpost stamps.
She is one inky lovely... a beautiful stamp and black ink can make a girl's day feel right. Still addicted to scraps whether it's metal, lace or thread.Added a few extra details for a touch of quirkiness and depth but still want her to shine through.
Inky splodges and water just moodling around with some random red stitching to give it a little zing!
I wasn't planning on making her, busy times... but sometimes they start talking to you and it's just so inviting.
 What's got you going at the moment...? Do Tell! There's plenty of time to join in with September's My Mojo Monthly challenge and share your inspired art with us all! Wishing you all a great weekend too. Thanks for dropping by, it would be great to hear from you... Sarah.

Joining in with:
Fashionable Stamping Challenges 
Dragon's Dream Tag it on
Anything Goes
Flutter by Wednesday
Make my Monday

31 comments:

kissinia said...

Hi Sarah! This is another stunning piece. Every detail is adorable!

An Bella said...

Beautifull piece. Thank you for share it with us.

Crafty Loops said...

Sarah this is gorgeous. Lee x

Fliss said...

An absolutely gorgeous tag Sarah. Love the vintage style and colours and the eyelet detail on the image's eye is a really clever touch.
Thanks for joining in with both the current Make My Monday and Fashionable Stamping Challenges and good luck.
Fliss x

Sharon said...

Wow this is a beautiful tag!! Love the vintage/steampunk "feel" to it!

Danni said...

Beautiful tag!! Wonderful job! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Sarah, she is a beautiful stamp! And your inking is amazing! I have looked at this a few times, and no doubt will a few times more...lol
All the best at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Dot x

Cath said...

Fantastic tag, thanks for joining in over on Make My Monday.

Cathx

Debbie said...

WOW Sarah! Love your tag! Fabulous background! So much to look at! I especially love her "eye"! Awesome....as ever!
Wishes
^..^

Candy C said...

Sarah, this is beautiful!!! <3 Candy

Jacqueline said...

Gorgeous steampunk tag - thank you so much for joining in this week at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

Nancy Wethington said...

WOW girl, this is gorgeous! The way you put things together in your art pieces is so inspiring.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!
Adore every single thing about your tag.
Thank you for joining Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
Wishes
Lynne

Cazro said...

Fantastic tag, love all of the elements, including the eyelet on the eye. thanks for playing along at Make My Monday and on Fashionable Stamping Challenges. Caz

Carrie said...

Wow, this is amazing Sarah. I love the colours and your stitching is great.
Hugs
Carrie

Unknown said...

Oh my stars.. Your Tag is amazing.. I love the eyelet for an eye. so clever..

Kim Dellow said...

It is so gorgeous Sarah! I just totally love your different use of textures and the wonderful stitchery! Kim

Dragon said...

Super duper, Sarah... lovely textures and so "you" Thanks for dreaming with TIO this week
Frankie
xx

Suzi B said...

Fabulous tag Sarah, love the image and all the other bits and pieces esp the wire and nut..is it a nut?.
Thankyou for joining Make My Monday.
Suzi B :)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, such a wonderful tag, love all the details on it. Thanks for dreaming on TIO and for joining the Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous art Sarah and where the mind and heart take you, you just gotta go. I love all the layers of colour and elements together and the stitching really does make it zing.
Thanks for joining the Stampettes at FSC.
luv and hugs {brenda} xox

ElizabethR said...

Gorgeous Steampunk tag, thanks for sharing with us at the TIO this week. Elizabeth x

Cardgenie said...

Love the tag and you are right, the lady is fabulous. Jean.xx

Shirl said...

Everything just mixes and match perfectly, she really shines through in my book Sarah. The red stitching is just the perfect finishing touch.

Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

CraftinGranny said...

What an awesome tag with so many beautiful, intricate details. Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes with this amazing creation. "Hugs" Carol

Yvonne Garner said...

Wow! What a beauty! I could get lost in your tag. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge. Best, Yvonne

Helen said...

She IS a follower of fashion - thanks for dreaming with us at TIO.

Lori said...

Oooo, love it! I especially love the fencing wire stuff, that's really cool! Love the eyelet over her eye...lol...

Jen Shults said...

This is stunning... so beautifully distressed! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Flutterby Wednesday challenge!

Meggymay said...

Great tag, love your Steampunk theme. Thankyou for joining us at FSC this time.

Kathryn said...

Great tag, I love all the little quirky details! Thanks for joining in with us at Anything Goes K x