Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Just a little...

...of metal and love. Calling by with my weekly foxtrot within the realms of  clean and simple card-making. Just a word of warning to any new followers or visitors... I've already confessed to be totally and utterly in love with anything inky so you never know what you'll find here! At the ever fabulous Less is More, led by Chrissie and Mandi, it's musings in metal.

Metal it is... and metal I give thee! I love to play with embossed metal and alcohol inks and knew these rusty tones would feel right at home with Kraft card.
I embossed a copper metal strip using Cuttlebug's Textile folder and then swooshed a mix of rusty alcohol inks letting them move and swirl as they pleased.
Then a quick sand to bring out the detail which is when it comes to life. I know some card makers shy away from what they might deem the messy, grungy stuff but alcohol inks and metal can be very chic too! Greens and purples look amazing on embossed metal.
I was fishing around for a simple sentiment wanting to keep things minimal when my eye spied an orphan metal tag that's been on my table for ages.  A brush of ink gave just the right colour. I have lightly edged the card with Distress ink and that folks, was that! Simples!

Hope you like it...! I'm away, there's an ink pad with my name on it...
Sarah.

19 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love it Sarah, the rusty tones are perfect as is the simple embellishment. Enjoy a creative week. Tracy x

Crafty Loops said...

Sarah this is absolutely stunning. I love it. Lee xx

Mandi said...

Utterly stunning, as ever I hasten to add

Love your style Sarah

Thank you
Mandi
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Simply stunning.
Lynne xxx

Ink Art Designs said...

Well there you go, I've never thought to put metal through embossing machine...stunning effect!
Dot x

Hettie said...

Sarah this is simples yet beautiful. You are soo clever!

TAM said...

Brilliant - simple as

france papillon said...

i don't like it, i loooooove it! thanks for reminding me that inky can be chic ;) i'll certainly keep this one in mind next time i need to make a card!

Chrissie said...

The effect of those inks on the embossed metal is terrif!
Fabuloso!
Thanks so much... as ever Sarah!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jenny said...

Love reading your posts Sarah and what a fantastic card :)
The colours on the metal are beautiful :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Great swooshing! Love the effect you've achieved. Hugs, Gill x

Pauline said...

Beautiful, I love the simplicity of the single strip, it looks fab with the alcohol inks.

Suze Bain said...

Love the colours on the metal strip. Gorgeous.xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card. Love the colours and the little metal tag. x

GinaA said...

Great embossed strip and love the tag.

Lori said...

This is fab, Sarah, I love metal!

lin_ka1 said...

śliczna. Rewelacyjne barwienie na metalicznej taśmie

Canonbury creations said...

Stunning, gorgeous effects!
Val x

Vicky Hayes said...

The metallic strip looks amazing and the little kiss tag finishes it beautifully. Vx