Friday, September 23, 2011

Just a Little Vintage Love...


Hello Everyone,
I'm welcoming the weekend with open arms and hope you all have some great plans lined up...make sure you do at least one thing you really enjoy! In my case that it'll involve a lot of ink and very little housework. I'm just calling by with a little something I made for Catered Crop where I very honoured to be Top Chef on Sunday! It's a vintage theme and I sure don't mind cooking if it's papery recipes...

Lots of torn layers and muted tones...The stamp is by PaperArtsy which gives a great nostalgic feel. I thinking more of the 1940s and 1950s with this one. "When you could go off and play from morning to evening without a care" as my Dad would say.
It's always fun to dig around in the scrap box and find little off-cuts of your favourite papers.


I've used book pages, tags, vintage magazines and all sorts of goodies that came to hand. Can't resist a bit of sewing or old string either...just playing around with the colours and building up the layers. I used just one word 'together' which seemed just right, on the tag and at the top
I love the image of these girls and like stamping onto old shipping tags for an aged effect... Vintage can still have colour and so I picked up on the blue and greens of the yummy K&Co papers...So just a little one tonight...
Hope you like it and will be cooking up your own recipes too. Thanks for calling by!

Sarah.

Joining in with:
Gingersnap Creations
Try it on Tuesday 
StempelStudio
Inspire me Fridays 
Polka Doodles

24 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

I do love how you layer all your bits and pieces and add that vintage touch, lovely piece yet again Sarah. I have lots to do this weekend but very little time to do it, but it definitely involves getting inky, dirty in the garden, housework and ironing LOL. Doubt I will succeed with it all, wonder which bits will get left LOL. Tracy x

donnalouiserodgers said...

I think you have Larousse Gastronomique of Vintage nailed Sarah, this is a lovely piece

Enjoy your weekend...

Dx

Cindy Adkins said...

This is totally stunning!!
XO
Cindy

Crafty Loops said...

Love the layers, this is so beautiful. Lee (Ps. I have a big blog candy up for grabs if you fancy a peep) xx

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh, I love it, I do! :) Wonderful shabby chic details. Thanks for sharing with Gingersnap Creations.

BrossArtAddiction said...

Stunning, love all the distressing and layers! Beautiful job!

xx Tracey xx

Kaz Hall said...

Hi Sarah

What a bundle of gorgeousness, really love all the layers, sounds like u are having a busy time of things......don't worry about the housework just keep making beautiful art like this xxx

Kazx

Peggy said...

I just love you work it is so unique and inspiring. Thanks for sharing! Peggy

Bee and Dee said...

A lovely hanging so evocative of times past. Thank you for taking part in the Try It On Tuesday challenge. Hugs Bee

lis-m said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lis-m said...

what a fab vintage card !
Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week
hugs xx

Twiglet said...

Just to say thanks for all your good wishes for Annie & co. It has lifted their spirits no end knowing so many lovely folk are thinking of them. Here's hoping next week looks much much better than last! x Jo

Oxana said...

Very beautiful!!!!

Louise said...

Love your card so much fab detail thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Hugs Louise xx

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful Sarah! All those distressed layers and lovely texture. And as an aside, I love the background of the photo - is that an old step ladder? I always love how you take your photos! Kimx

Juls said...

gorgeous!! Love the soft colours and the vintage feel! Hugs Juls

Sue said...

This is beautiful, I love all your layers. It has such a vintage feel but still with lots of lovely colour x

PetraB said...

This is a wonderful cards with all the layers and distressing. Thank you for playing along with Gingersnap Creations.

Marjo said...

Thanks for the peek and sharing your gorgeous creation.

xoxo Marjo #30

Agnes van Hensbergen - agnesstampcards said...

Great card,thanks for joinig us at de stempelstudio challenge.

Hugs Agnes

Sarah said...

Your card is stunning! Really love all the layers and the beautiful vintage design. Hugs, Sarah

Fliss said...

Wow! Stunning creation Sarah and just love the shabby chic colours and the lovely image.
Thanks for taking part in Polka Doodles Distress It challenge and good luck.
Fliss x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful project, love the vintage look.

trisha too said...

Very sweet, Sarah--congratulations on your piece being chosen as a Ginger Gem at Gingersnap Creations!

:)