Monday, April 2, 2012

SuperWendyVecchilisticexpialadoshus...

Hello to all of you, Monday and April!
Anybody else in a state of shock when looking at the calender???? Well, apart from the thought of lots of Chocolate bunnies and eggs...
This week at Simon Says Stamp & Show we are celebrating the uber wonderfulness of Wendy Vecchi and splendiferousness of Studio 490. Have you tried to sing my post title?
Regulars will know I'm not shy with my Wendyness so this week's challenge was a fun ride for me. Flower power, Art Parts, eyeful damsels, stamps galore, quirkiness, findings and ink... to name a few and a recipe to relish.
A few weeks back over at Everything Wendy Vecchi, Lori had chosen a house and ruler theme which all set this lady into action.
I used the Square Frame and base to create a dimensional frame held together with nuts and bolts, all inked up with Fired Brick Distress Stain. The base is covered with a gessoed page and stamped with the lace in Rich Mahogany. The Peeking In eyes are stamped in Olive Green Archival ink, Shabby Shutters blended over the top and the eyes highlighted with a gel pen.
She stands on a large Art Parts flower, metal socket box and Leaves sandwich and grows with help from a Timepiece, Spinner and old watch part. Super glue, I love you.
The roof is made from two pieces of an old metal ruler which I darkened with Rusty Alcohol ink. I punched a hole through them with my feisty Crop-a-Dile Big Bite and could attach some more grunged-up Idea-ology...
including a Trinket Pin layered up with a Mica Scrap stamped with Wendy words...A Dream for Tomorrow.The ruler ends tucked nicely behind the nuts and I also added a mini scallop behind them.
l really enjoyed making the flowers. I used a mix of Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress Stains and Inks on Manilla card before stamping out four larger flowers and adding extra dots. I made one straight cut from edge to centre (like starting to slice a pie!), rolled the flower tightly on itself and glued. When dry I shaped the petals and added Memo Pin centres. Kind of lily-like methinks...
As quirky means a license for a touch of nonsense then a Wing of course, Swivel Clasp and a rusty Key...
to unlock her secrets? Seeing as the sun was so good to us this week I thought a Springsome garden setting would be perfect for this little lady to show off her colours. Yet again, she's won a place in my home and is watching as I type. If you've never dabbled with Wendy's range then I'm telling you to dive in, discover and enjoy. Today!
I always say that even one stamp set will take you a long way. Just look at what all my other Design Teamies created, check out the whole range of goodies here and meander through Wendy's blog for a wealth of inspiration. Don't forget that generous $50 prize is there to be won!

Sadly, we also say goodbye to an SSS&S original Team member Nancy Wethington. She's been a fabulous team mate and we will surely miss her talents and input... Wishing you well, Nancy!!!! 

Well, I've written an epically long post, yet again, so it's high time to bid farewell... Have fun - hopefully in the sun! Sarah.

16 comments:

Debbie Rock said...

Another example of your AmAzInG work! It is just fandabidozie and you have one heck of an equally AmAzInG talent! Love Debbie xXx

Kaz Hall said...

Sarah you always create the most FABEROOONIE, INKYLICIOUS, INSPIRATIONALUSH work and this is another.....brilliant example, brill!

hope to spk soon

kaz x

Juls said...

ooooooooooh wow!!! this is utterly gorgeous!! Hugs Juls

CraftygasheadZo said...

That is one amazing creation! Zo x

Kate Yetter said...

Hi Sarah, your creation is breathtaking. I just ordered these stamps and you have inspired me to want to play. Now I can't wait till they come in. I love how you made a 3d project with simple objects. Always amazing!!!
Kate

Martha Richardson said...

Incredible piece and I {heart} the colors you used!!

Candy C said...

Sarah...what a great piece! I love the bright colors. Love the petite red flowers with the memo pin centers. They are so cute! Love your addition of Tim's metal parts to it...the Ideaology is such a wonderful accent to Wendy's Art Parts! Fantastic job! <3 Candy

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Well I did try to sing the title, but let's just say I failed miserably oh and I am tone deaf! Love your Wendylicious creation, the vibrant colours are perfect and your flowers with added memo pins are a lovely touch and very lily like. Love the addition of the dots and the ruler roof is inspired. Fabulous creation as always. Tracy x

Redanne said...

Hi Sarah, I am a bit lost for words to express what I think on this one - supercalifragilisticexpealidocious (I am sure I have spelt it wrong but it's the best word I can think of) - amazing.....

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

stunning and wonderful turn your head so i can kidnap it don't worry about the ransom lol

hugs,
susan s.

Janny Jager said...

A great piece of ART you made Sarah
Very very beautiful

Greetings Janny

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Hi Sarah,

Wow, fantastic project!! I especially love the memo pins as flower centers..so clever!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp

Heidi said...

This is fantastic. I love the dimension that the nuts and bolts give to the frame!

Marjie Kemper said...

Total fun and whimsy.... love it! The roof and 7 are calling to me, but then the base snags my attention... not to mention your gorgeous flowers. Can't even imagine how the whole thing is standing. Love it!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You are absolutely inspiring!!! I would love to peek into your mind for a few minutes and see all how you generate all those crafty ideas!

Carol said...

I love your work. I am so insipred by it.