Monday, April 16, 2012

Simon Says...Anything Goes!

Hello and welcome La De Dah!
It's Monday morning here and therefore once more a new theme at Simon Says Stamp & Show where we say...Anything Goes! Now that's a theme that is music to my ears! Whether you are brimming with Mojo, trying out some 'new stuff', Tim tagging it or fancy making one of your trademark creations, you can share them ALL with this week's theme.
ATCs are a huge favourite of mine and as I am taking part in a swap I figured I'd grab my chance to have some big fun on a small scale! I'm thrilled to see lots of fabulous Paper Artsy goodies on sale at Simon Says Stamp! Folk on this side of the pond will probably have heard of Leandra's amazing lines.

Stamps, matching dies, totally brilliant paints and much more too. Do check them out! Vintage, Grunge, Steampunk, Wacky, Doodly, Nature, Altered...there's something for everyone. I started with Manila cardstock...
I swooshed it through Picket Fence and various Distress Stains to get a marbled effect. I embossed them with the Diamonds in the Rough folder, brought out the texture with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and added my fave - stitching!
I played around with the stamps from various sets including Hot Picks 1005 and 1102, the matching dies and lots of other images from my growing collection!
I kept to a pallet of Grungy greens, reds and rusty colours and stamped my images in Black or Red Archival Inks for a strong detailed image. The stamps really are superb quality - genuine red rubber, giving great results.

The ATC swap with some friends is all about dimensional ATCs which I just love! Just like tags the limited size means you get to play around, create and actually finish a piece of art before you go to sleep! I love to layer up the elements, adding snippets of sentiments, shabby lace, wire and even Idea-ology Memo Pins.
This wonderful damsel is an old Paper Artsy fave of mine. Her wings were kindly donated by another PA butterfly stamp!  I love to mix and match my stamp sets to create new, layered looks - and get a lot more out of your stash!
As said - anything goes so whatever comes from your inky fingers this week, be sure to put it in the spotlight and join in at Simon Says Stamp & Show. There's this great $50 voucher to be won and the coveted Top Three Artists' Crown could be yours! So off you go and get into that crafty zone today! Thanks for calling by, be seeing you soon.
Sarah.

28 comments:

Deborah said...

Your ATCs are absolutely fabulous!

Ann B said...

Beautiful pieces of mini art.

Kaz Hall said...

I totally agree with Ann, beautiful pieces of art, gorgeous as always x

Kaz x

Von said...

Blown away they are fabulous ! :)
Von x♥x

Rita said...

Fantastic artwork Sarah. ATC are so small,its unbeleivable the amount of elements you have managed to put on them. TFS. Hugs Rita xx

Annie said...

Hi Sarah. What fantastic ATC's. I love the colours and the way you have put the stamps together on each one. Very inspirational pieces. TFS........Annie :)

Nancy Wethington said...

Sarah, I adore these! The colors are beautiful and the images and stitching work so well together. Your art always amazes me.

Crafty Loops said...

These are amazing Sarah. Love them all. Lee x

B.Martin said...

Great creativity Sarah.Truly amazing work. sell my house

Candy C said...

Hello Sarah! I love your ATCs. Each one is so unique and cool! I really love the colors you've used and the designs on each one are just awesome! I hope I'm the lucky recipient of at least one of these beauties on the ATC swap...if it's the one I'm participating in as well.
<3 Candy

Craftychris said...

Wow fabulous works of art! xx

Jacqui Chimes said...

Gorgeous ATCs

Lori said...

WHAT???? SSS has PAPER ARTSY!!! Holy crap! I need to check that out. I can see my pocketbook will be in BIG trouble.
Your art is fabulous as always, Sarah, love those Hot Picks!

Janny Jager said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWW Sarah what a beautiful ATC's you made.
Great Art work.

Greetings Janny

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

These are gorgeous little treasures Sarah, I love the grungy/arty backgrounds and the diamonds in the rough embossing folder is perfect combined with the arty images. Love the stitching and your trademark layered finish . Love them. Tracy x

Redanne said...

Wow Sarah, these are absolutely stunning. I have never done ATC's before but may give them a try now - thanks you!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Sarah, I love everything about these! Such gorgeous colors and so many layers of embellishing... absotutely gorgeous!

Hettie said...

Fabulous ATCs there Sarah! Lushioness in paper! x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Very beautiful, Sarah! I'm loving this rich color palette and the stitching and layering is so pretty!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Dangina Martinez said...

Fabulous! I love all the details.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Gillian .... said...

A trio of beautiful artwork, the rich/deep colouring is perfect, love all the little details that finish off each one individually. x

Linda M. Cain said...

these are all so wonderful!

~Linda

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

These are amazing! I receive one of these would be a thrill! Gorgeous texture and composition...a real Artist Trading Card!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

These are LOVELY!!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

I saw these on Simon Saya and fell in LOVE!!!!!
Thank you for your visit and sweet words!
hugs Lynn

Michele said...

oh delicious! beautiful work. xo

Unknown said...

Wat een schitterende ATC's heb je gemaakt. En leuk dat je in Zeist was :D

jan metcalf said...

Sweet looks!