Monday, January 21, 2013

What I'm known for...

is the new challenge theme over at Simon Says Stamp & Show this week! I must say that "talking" was definitely my first thought, and until my wee lassie came along, I was just as verbally active in my blog posts. Aaah, those were the days...
 Anyway, back on Planet Crafty, what am I known for? Tricky, as I love a whole range of styles. After a lot of thought I could see a few things that definitely make my list. In the past I have mentioned how my dance background has effected my art and therefore I'm going for my "Three D's!" Dimension, detail and design. That trio always gets a look-in when I'm busy creating.

Also, after taking a ride through my blog, it wasn't long before I had to admit that I do like to host the odd Wendy Vecchi Arty Party!

So, I decided to create a piece with three small offerings of the said Wendy goodies...
 All my Art Parts are now residing in a bright red valise case under my desk and I have built p quite a collection. I decided to dive in and make use of many of the smaller pieces which I often have left over after creating a bigger work. I used some panels from the five panel frame set as my bases, covered them in Retro Grunge Paper and then stamped the backgrounds. Then I set off in full "My Three D's" gear playing around with the design and dimension...

I love to spend hours working on composition, just playing around until it feels right to me. When I was happy I then used my trusty Distress Stains to colour my pieces before stamping them all with an array of fabulous Wendy stamps. I also like to edge the pieces with Distress Ink for extra effect.
As you can see I have managed to create some depth by layering the pieces up and the details come from a little Idea-ology, Blossom Bucket Buttons and the stamped wording. I wanted to display them together and this old folding wooden ruler winked at me at just the right moment! A perfect fit, even f I do say so myself. So there you go, a bit of crafty me and by golly, a lot of wordy waffle after all!

This is a really great challenge theme - the chance to celebrate your own inky style and share it with everyone. How fabulous is that? Take a look at the wonderful creativity from my talented team-mates over at the Design Team Blog and then get started on your masterpiece! 

You could be in with a chance of winning this generous $50 voucher from Simon says Stamp! Cards, layouts, journals, altered, Grunge, mixed media, vintage...whatever floats your boat!
It's over and out from me. Thanks so much for popping by... Sarah.

34 comments:

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...beautiful work Sarah...Mel :)

Helen said...

Beautiful, Sarah. So much depth and colour!

Craftychris said...

wow this is fabulous! xx

Twiglet said...

Beautiful work. x Jo

Lynne said...

This is wonderful. Lynne xx

Tapeva said...

Great work, like it a lot! My cup of tea. ;)

Hettie said...

Great piece Sarah! Love all the elements and I still think you are chatty in your posts!
Hugs
xx

Unknown said...

A beautiful piece of work with fabulous dimension, I'd be more than happy to hang this in my home! Love the colours of the art part pieces decorated with distress stains, they are very rustic but also with a modern feel. Just so different. Maddy x

Candy C said...

Sarah...I so love this piece. It's brilliantly thought out and put together. I love the Art Parts and how you've used them to perfection. Love the colors...very calming and perfectly coordinated. I think the three words that you've picked out seem to fit your personality..."dream" "delight" and "love". I love the way you've used so many of Wendy's stamps to embellish the Art Parts, too. It's really a lovely piece. <3 Candy

Redanne said...

Wow Sarah, definitely a very YOU piece. Love how you used up your smaller art part pieces, the colouring is fantastic and the ruler background is perfect. Love it. Hugs, Anne x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Hi Sarah, hope you are all well. I always love to see your use of Art Parts, which you always colour so beautifully and your use of colour combinations is always so eye catching. I love the three words you have used too. Really creative as always. Tracy x x

Marjie Kemper said...

Fantastic! You are known for so much creativity, and this wall hanging is a perfect example. Love you use of the APs and how you've colored all these.

May said...

I always think of you as having great use of color, and amazingly good with the art parts so I LOVE that your project this week uses both!! I love all of your details and inky goodness on this project - and as always I look forward to seeing what you create each week.

Kate Yetter said...

So gorgeous,Sarah and so YOU! I love your style because you make it your own version of Wendy's. And you do tend to use a lot of my favorite colors! Such detail! Love it!
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fantastic! Love the colours you've used along with the stamps! Your choice of words is perfect. Chris

Claudine said...

All three are amazing! Fantastic stuff, I really love Wendy's art parts and these really shine!!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors and all the dimension! Gorgeous!!!

Annie said...

Love this Sarah....you have certainly inspired me so these art parts are on my list x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is fabulous, Sarah! The color palette is so you and the embellishments are perfect! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Love the depth you have achieved!!! :D

Gillian .... said...

Yes .. definitley YOU! Art Parts, Dimension, Bold Colours = stunning. x

Suzanne C said...

I think you do have a variety of styles all beautiful and I do recognize the Wendy Vecchi influence too! Lovely trio of goodies!

Unknown said...

totally love your work! just found your blog tonight. tfs!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

The three D's....brilliant! I want to be a D student as well...lol! I love your style and love Wendy goodness as you do, so I recognize that style in you as well! Amazing work as always!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Absolutely stunning, love everything about it
Lindsay xx

Words and Pictures said...

Totally love what you've done with the WV parts here... and the mounting on the vintage ruler is sheer genius - wow!!
Alison x

Sandra said...

Wow Sarah, love your projects! you're definitely known as the Wendy Art Parts girl to me! You make such beautiful creations with them! Hugs, Sandra

mark gould said...

certainly very you, I love your use of colours, they all compliment each other so well.

Debbie Rock said...

WOW Sarah ... that is just A-MA-ZING and so very much "ME" and how I aspire to be able to produce work like that. Alas, it won't ever happen but, thanks to blogland, I can pop along and see your wonderful work at any time! Debbie x

Janny Jager said...

Amazing project Sarah.
Lovely colors and details.
Greetings Janny

wendy vecchi said...

AWE---SOME!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

What a fun piece. Blessings!

CreativeJanine said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I've just found your blog and have spent a lovely hour or so looking at the wonderful things that you've made! My Pinterest Board is now full of your great talent. Thanks for sharing!

NathOuest said...

i like the colors .