Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday frolics, frustrations and faffing around...

At last - Friday. I should be feeling a huge wave of relief washing over me but it seems the weekend and coming week are going to be even busier. Got lots going on and lots to do and two very imminent consecutive visits from Dutch friends mean I can no longer put off giving the castle a bit of a buff... I cannot decorate and paint before they arrive - but I can have a scrub a-dub and get the loo working again.
Spent a whole week scouring the county and eventually the UK for one tiny rubber washer. Amazing really - while we can fly into space, replace hearts and talk to Auntie Flo down under on a little plastic black box - a 1 inch rubber washer is still the invention of the century in this house. We are back on full flush and the shower rail is slowly ascending up the bathroom wall.
Amongst tomorrow's bustling agenda is a 50th party for a friend. She is not your average middle-aged lady and therefore golden flowers and frilly bows where not an option for a cake. My mum - who is a fab hobby cake cook - made the cake..a yumptious rich, fruit cake. It is then covered with marzipan and regal icing.
I am no cake decorator bit I figured with a bit of imagination and my background in paper stuff - I could just wing it. So, I got busy with bits of wire, ribbon, a few borderline words on the way, and some cookie cutters! Even considered putting some icing through my embossing machine...So here is my exceedingly pink effort in the cake dept, for a very nifty at fifty years young lady. It is a lot pinker in real life but the camera is giving me major hassle - time to allow my hubby to add a new gadget to the stash methinks...

So not much papery stuff tonight. New nails on - don't want to tint them with Tim Holtz just yet...I will post more about my Claudine Helmuth course soon. I am in the middle of a painty, resist, canvas thing  - and I will show a few goodies once the camera has stopped sulking. Off to work on the mountains of salads for the birthday bash.



A shot (by hubby) of the evening sky last night seeing as are we in a pink mood...

No comments: