Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Little Craftiness...

Just popping in with a little one... No, I haven't given birth yet...just an ATC! I planned to have this done by lunch time but got side-tracked tweaking a DT piece which is the story of my life. Grungy Monday is all about ATCs this week and there's lots of hearty stuff on the go at the mo, so I made time for to dabble and put a lotta love into a little space... I don't do a lot of green but thought I'd put the sepia tones to one side for a day!
I had lots of Tissue Wrap scraps from a project (coming Monday!) and used them to create a textured background. I glued the scraps to the ATC base, added some Gesso with my finger and a spritz of Lettuce Color Wash. When dry I added Black Soot ink, a little Viva Gold to the wrinkles.
I zig zagged around the edges and then piled on the goodies including shabby hearts using this Tim technique. Then Grunge wings, touches of Idea-ology and a few embossed copper words... I stapled an off-cut of Ball Chain to the card as well as adding a wrap of thin wire..
I'm also just making the deadline for Snazzy's great new challenge blog and Hel's Sunday Stampers hearts theme...
Don't forget it's a heart theme and challenge at February's My Mojo Monthly too! There's a great interview with Tracy Evans, lots of shabby love and a fab prize...
Well, I must go and restore some decorum to my crafty zone and tomorrow I'm off up the road to Telford to enjoy an inky playtime with Kaz who's giving a workshop at Crafty Bunch. Oooh - playtime. Yes please...!
Until Monday then, thanks for the peek! Sarah.

20 comments:

Kaz Hall said...

OOOo love the vibrant green with that gorgeous heart xx looking forward to a good catch up tomoz xx

Kazx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Love love the green and the fabulous texture on this piece Sarah. Enjoy your workshop. Tracy x

Gillian .... said...

Hellooo Sarah, so glad to see you made the Snazzy DT Challenge with a little art filled with love ... love the texture from the tissue paper, the green and gold combo really makes everything else pop .... gotta "Love" all the rusty elements. Thanks so much for sharing. x

Suze Bain said...

Ooh, love this one. That lettuce is a fab colour and so much detail and embellishment. Fab! xx

My name is Cindy said...

Fantastic colours and love all the textures - gorgeous!!

Hels Sheridan said...

As ever Sarah, this is totally delish... loving all those elements... perfection! Thanks for joining in with the SUnday Stamper x

Crafty Loops said...

Ohhh this is amazing Sarah. Lee x

Marjie Kemper said...

Super rich colors, Sarah! Love your winged heart and wish I could join you and Kaz tomorrow... if I could teleport, I'd be right there!

Sue from Oregon said...

Sarah...so very pretty...love the chain and all the fun elements!

El rincon de vanessa said...

Te a quedado super bonito!!! me encnata todo... los corazones, el imperdible..
Realmente bonito..

Von said...

Oww haven't you perfectly packed a lot in that little space :)
Von xxx

Sue said...

Love that pop of green! Lots of goodies to look at on your ATC.

Ruby Craft said...

So much to love about the gorgeous ATC! Love all the colors and textures!

Minxy said...

Absolutely stunning, such a little art piece packed with so much wow x
Thanks for playing along with Snazzy's first challenge x
Minxy x

Janny Jager said...

Oh what a beautiful Atc
Love the colors and the material you used.

Greetings Janny

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, what an amazing creation! So many different elements and so cleverly put together, love it!!
Thanks for playing along at Snazzys first challenge

ลngεŁล said...

Es un ATC precioso, una obra de arte, con todas las letras. Tienes una seguidora mas ;P
It's amazing, hugs

craftimamma said...

Thanks so much for joining in Snazzy's DT challenge. You sure have packed a lot of love into a small work of art. Fab texture throughout and a really dramatic colour combo. Love all the quirky bits and pieces you've added.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Sarah,

Oh, this is so sweet - love. I like how you took the photo too, hanging the ATC from an old book. Very clever!!

Hugs,
Kay

Gabrielle said...

This might be one of my very favourite things you've made - I love it lots!