Wednesday, March 2, 2011

What's on your Workdesk Wednesday...Big News and goodies!

Hello and welcome - on yet another Wednesday...

Lots to share - hope you can stay! Enjoy the chance to have a mooch around other folks desks, studios, cupboards, floors and arty minds. I have been up to all kinds of playing around lately and seem to have adopted a nocturnal life-style. Here is a shot of my desk...working on something that I can't share quite yet! I don't know if that sounds pretentious or alluring...but it's true!
I am absolutely delighted, thrilled excited and dumbfounded to be able to say I have been asked to join the Design Team at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!!! I was blown away when I heard the news, as it really is a dream come true for me. It hasn't quite sunk in yet but I cannot wait to start creating for this uber-fabulous team and company. If you head on over there you'll find a great weekly challenge and prize, a hilarious snap of me and loads of great inspiration. Hope to see you there! Yippity, Dippity, Hippity, Hoppity, Happy ole me!!!!
All I can say for now is...my fingers are stained brown, my hair is a mess and I'm covered in paint. Sometimes when I lose track of time I end up bombing down to the supermarket at the last minute in my crafting clothes...Deary me. I'm surprised the Salvation Army don't take me away...
Also, my talented Dutch friend Franka is joining in for the first time today. Do call by and make her feel welcome. Join in with the snoop and head over to Julia's at Stamping Ground to meet the crowd.

But I can most definitely show you all the wonderful gifts I have received after taking part in the international blog hop One World, One Heart. I won four give-aways which is more than I have ever won in a lifetime! Next year Lisa is doing it all again - so be there. More info here. So I will take this chance to share the lovely work of four generous damsels...do visit their blogs to see more of their creations.
Here is a gorgeous piece by Sue Allan The image, textures and colours are just divine. I love the muslin and sewing...

Here are two more... A wonderfully fine and delicate hand embroidered card from Miriam in The Netherlands-from the very city I worked in for years! It's a small world. Next to it is an truly exquisite glass pendant from Becky at Chameleon Designs. The colour is really vivid and the silver painted decoration just so amazing.

And today I received a fabulous canvas, all the way from the U.S. from Laurel Englehardt. I spent all morning looking at the layers, tones and details. Great colour!
I love every one of my gifts and just love the originality and diversity of each one. 

So there you go - lucky old me and I even treated myself to some new stamps too. Will be showing them off another time. Today I also reached 100 followers!!!
To me, that is a really big deal and I am very thankful and honoured to have you all come along on my journey. I am planning a thank you treat for you all very soon...stay tuned!
That's me all done for today - see you around in Bloggerville or at Simon Says Stamp and Show very soon. Thanks for dropping by - enjoy!

Sarah.

42 comments:

HarmonySweetpea said...

Very alluring indeed... can't wait to find out more. How lovely those gifts are you received. And good to hear you have been super busy.

Hope and Chances said...

Congratulations on the DT and what great gifts you received - looking forward to seeing the new stamps :-)

Carola Bartz said...

Congratulations on the DT, of course you're happy!!! This sounds great!

Pam said...

So many congrats coming your way. Would it be bold of me to say I'm not suprised? Sounds like year of the rabbit is going to be good for you ;)

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Ah, Sarah great to visit you again and love this WOYWW dont you thanks for sharing your treasures they are gorgeous!
Shaz in Oz.x #2

sue said...

congratulations and well done x sue x

jude said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your DT !Youwill prob seem my creations as i do try when i have time to enter.So pleased for you your projects are stunning Wishing you Good luck!
Plus all those gift are gorgeous i received mine yesterday will showcase next week
Have fab wednesday hugs judex35

Marjo said...

Congrats on your new dt post. Gorgeous gifts you got there. Good luck!

Thanks for the peek and sharing. Have a wonderful WOYWW.

Hugs, Marjo #5

Spyder said...

Oh lucky you!! Will definitely look out for your makes from now on when I pop in over there (to see if I can do te latest challenge, more often or not I can't or I've missed it! Very tidy desk this week Have fun in your new adventure! sorry!!!! wrong link...
Woyww is here
((Lyn))

SDCrafts said...

Well done! And aren't those gifts fabulous. A most creative and inviting blog - suspect your house is just as good. I share the nocturnal creativity - no phone, no doorbell, perfect peace.

Shirl #25

Helen said...

Well done indeed on the DT - we are in for a treat then! And such a wonderful array of door prizes from OWOH, how gorgeous are they all!

Neet said...

Some great gifts there for you to treasure.
Heartiest congratulations on your new post on the SSDT - well done you and muchly deserved - your work is gorgeous. #36

okienurse said...

Congrats on the DT SSS is an awesome group. Very nice array of prizes there! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #49

Kaz Hall said...

FANTASTIC!!! I knew you would blow them away with your creative talents.....you really do deserve it Sarah, brilliant news! I really cannot wait to see your journey and all your wonderful creations well done
hugs
kazxx

karen said...

Congratulations on all fronts!! You will be a fantastic addition to the Simon Says DT! I will look out for your designs as I spend too much time over there (okay mainly shopping, ha ha)!
And what fantastic gifts you won! They are all beautiful! You are on a roll!
xoxo Karen (#55)

Sue said...

Hi ya
congratulations on your Dt post,beautiful gifts you have there,have good day, happy WOYWW, sue,x (31)

sandra's crafty corner said...

hi hun love those projects you have going on, and congrats on your dt post
tfs hugs sandra
69

Unknown said...

I think alluring ... Bless you ... I don't think you have a pretentious bone in your body! Welcome to the team ... I am Sooooo looking forward to working with you!
And what a fabulous haul of prizes!

Glenda said...

Congratualtions on the Design Team! I can't wait to see what you create for this wonderful company! Love your space and am very curious about the bottle caps!

Kate said...

Congratulations on making the dt :0)
Kate x

oneoff said...

Congratulations on the DT; I bet you'll have loads of fun with it.

Bx

Di said...

Congratulations on the DT - lucky girl. From looking at your blog it's well-deserved.Enjoy! Di x

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

BIG congratulations on the DT post, very well deserved, your work is stunning. Great desk today too. Tracy Evans x

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done - they made a good choice. It's very alluring that here's something that I can't talk about pose on your desk!

Chelle said...

congratulations..I am intrigued with what is started on your desk. Beautiful prizes. 88

The Crafty Elf said...

Congratulations on making the DT. From what I've seen, well deserved. Your work is tremendous to say the least. I look forward to many more visits here!

Sherry said...

Congratulations all round! On your designer appointment at SSS&S (well deserved as your work is always fab!) and also on your fabulous OWOH prizes.

Sherry (118)

lisa said...

Fantastic news, many congratulations. From what I've seen it is certainly well and truly deserved.
Hugs Lisax

Tertia said...

Congrats on making the design team! You are a lucky girl to get so many wonderful things.
Happy WOYWW

shazsilverwolf said...

Congrats on making the design team, thats awesome! Love Shaz #125

Chrissie said...

Lots of lovely things to look at today!Thanks for the snoop!
Happy WOYWW!
Chrissie #21

Dragon said...

Great haul of prizes and wonderful news about the DT!!! Well done and good luck
Frankie
xx

Angie said...

What an exciting time for you ...what wonderful gift you recieved.

Andria said...

Wow, beautiful owoh makes you have received, you lucky lady.
Happy woyww, Andria - 38

Kyla said...

Congrats on being asked to be in the DT, your work is lovely so its well deserved.
Your secret make looks interesting....

kyla

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Congratulations on joining the SSS&S DT, Sarah. Your work is magnificent and you will be a fabulous addition to the team. I'm so happy you will be joining our group!

Hugs,
Linda

Terry said...

Congratulations and welcome on board teamie...LOL...your work is absolutely stunning and I am very happy to be working with you. Big hugs Terry xxxx

peggy aplSEEDS said...

Big congratulations are in order! wow, what great news and prizes!

Nicky said...

Congrulation on your DT - great gifts your recieved too - Nicky running late this week - no 16

Kezzy said...

Loving all those gifts there gorgeous and Congrats on the DT. Can't wait to see the finished project you have teased us with on your desk.

Pam said...

Congrats on DT. Love your gifts hugs Pam x

Susan said...

Hi Sarah,
Congrats on your DT position. I just adore your piece in the next post!
Susan xxox #14 (and late!)
http://stamponme.blogspot.com/