Monday, September 6, 2010

Post Midnight Ramblings...

Good morning! Here in the UK it is 1.39am and I thought that was just the right time to blog. I should be well into my third obscure dream by now...
Still working hard on the CH course. Today's offering is my own take on a mini-project from the course. Just wanting to post some pictures of my paper wreath as I have decided to it enter it into the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. This week's challenge it is all about layers and as you can see, I think we can safely say I've managed a few of those. It is a great way to use up lots of scraps. My ongoing love of blues and browns continues...

I have suspended a Memory Frame in the centre stamped on both sides with alcohol inks and Stazon. The glass is actually just one piece - a TH glass fragment which is nice and chunky - as I didn't have the right size memory glass. I just sanded the edges until it fitted into the frame - and there you go!
The words under the butterfly say Forget-me-not.

Then I also made a rose from silver metal. I embossed it with two designs, added some blue alcohol inks, followed by some snow white dabber paint and then I sanded it to get a sort of tarnished look. Then I cut the leaves free hand to get the right proportions.


It was quite a bit of work getting it all together, but I enjoyed it and I will soon be hanging it in my converted loft bedroom. It is not the easiest thing to capture on camera but I hope you can enjoy it too.
All the best with the challenge everyone!

Sleep well,

Sarah.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Wow, now that is so different, I love it.

Lynne Forsythe said...

WOWZEROOONIE Sarah....you creation is just Fantabulous to say the least!!!

thanks bunches for playing along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog!!!

Nancy D. said...

Very Cool!...I love blue's & brown's together too

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

oh this is gorgeous and you should enter it in our rainbow challenge on The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog :))