Saturday, December 10, 2011

Just one for the weekend...

Just a quick hello from me before the weekend kicks in big time. I've have a busy week working hard to get all my long list of projects done. Almost there and last night I even cleaned the house - huge fanfare! Saturday, I'm off for an intensive dose of festive retail therapy with hubby and I'm really in the mood for a day out.
I'm admiring everyone's seasonal creations and the Tim tag frenzy sweeping the planet. Wish I had more time to join in, but one is better than none. This dotty lady is just a bit of fun I had playing around with Tims 5th tag and my Wendy Vecchi stamps. My turned out a bit messy which I ended up quite liking as it looks like a real strawberry snowstorm!
I used a corner scallop stamp to create a layered tree, adding a ric-rac trunk and a flower star complete with bolt! I inked up a scalloped edge Art Part for the snowy ground and added some twinkle with sequin trim. I'm into using non festive sentiments for my Chrimble makes at the moment and think this one works well at any time of the year!
Just a bit of funky fun and colour, and why not? Have a great weekend!

PS. Congratulations to Gini who won the stamps on my WOYWW giveaway!

4 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

looks like you had fun. nice.

susan s.

Gini said...

Love your tag Sarah, I adore polkadots in any which way they come, and I love the shades you've picked.
Whoohoo I'm your winner!
Thank you so much :-)
Gini
xx

Crafty Loops said...

I love the use of ricrac and the sequin trim. Gorgeous tag. Lee xx

Juls said...

fantabby!!! Loving all the polka dots!!! Hugs Juls