Thursday, June 30, 2011

Grungeday - A Vintage Moment.

Good evening (well, over here),
If Grungy Monday was Grungy Thursday I'd be right on time, but I'd end up doing it Sunday so I'll just stick with calling it Grungeday...I hope you are all doing fine out there - in body, mind (he)art and soul. It's a busy old thing all this blogging frivolity...I love meandering through the streets of Blogland and wouldn't be without it but the logistics of getting it all from from my fingers to the screen can be a quite a task at times...  especially when Blogger fancies a foxtrot instead of doing it's thing. Anyway, enough of that and more of this...Over at Linda's we are delighting our selves in the joys and permanent finger staining qualities of Alcohol inks. Nice stunt-work from Mr. H here.
I was in a vintage mood which explains the romance, lace and  shabby green. I created three small tags to celebrate the beauty of a moment...

Alcohol inks dropped onto embossed metal is a favourite of mine. I also coloured a small frame, and cut a mica front to house these two lovebirds...she's blushing, but loving it too.





Just paper, ink and metal and a sentiment which is easy to stamp and a little harder to do...
Ah yes, the butterfly... stamped onto a glass fragment which I had first coloured with inks, creating a lighter pool with blending solution. I added a dictionary scrap definition of moment and a spinner because moments join together to create a journey. I cut a large tag shaped background which I stitched, stamped and distressed.
Another one for the collection, unless you might like to give it a home? I enjoyed making it but would enjoy it even more if I could make someone else happy with it. She's very petite. If you're into a little nostalgic green romance, let me know and I'll be more than happy to send her your way.

Also just letting you all know my new monthly inspirational feature, My Mojo Monthly started July the 1st. There's a great interview with Art Journal artist Kelly Kilmer, project ideas, great giveaways and a photo link to share your work! Do join in, I would love for you to call by and share your art and musings...



Thanks for being here - always glad to have people in my Bloghome.
See you soon,

Sarah.

18 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Ooh ooh I would love to give this gorgeous piece a new home. It's stunning. Tracy x

MarleneMAZ said...

Great tags! they look lovely all lined up together like that.

The Craft Cupboard Under the Stairs said...

I would love to have an original Sasa Art Piece. And these three are just gorgeous!

Kathy Eddy said...

Gorgeous stuff! Love the alcohol inks, don't you!

Milla said...

This is so pretty, I love the butterfly! Would look great on the shelf in my craft room... ;)

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Gorgeous project. I love how you made 3 small tags on one big tag.

The Sparkly Fairy said...

These are fabulous. Great techniques you have used!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

There are so many good ideas on these tags! I really like the butterfly on fragment over card board! I like also your embossed metal tag. In fact the three tags make an amazing card! Good job with this weeks challenge!

shari said...

Your tags are just beautiful, I have the perfect place to display it in my showcase in my craft room. I'm following you now. Shari (cricutrookie)

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous artwork

Debbie said...

These tags are so beautiful Sarah! Love all the details and techniques! Awesome designs!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous, Sarah!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, I'm missing words, your tags are breathtaking.

penny4thoughts said...

Don't you just love your fingers after playing with alcohol inks lol? I absolutely love your metal tag - just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Such a unique piece, all the tags are lovely , but the metal one is devine. What a wonderful thing to share your art.

PsyPenguin said...

Love the idea of the three mini tags on one big tag, and all three are beautiful. The first one is absolutely stunning! xx

minnie_mac said...

A gorgeous trio of tags.

Marilyn

Danielle said...

I love your tags, they're so beautiful!!