Monday, June 3, 2013

Splat, Stamp, Stitch!

Hello once again. Is it really Monday again. I think someone is sneakily speeding up the planet whilst I am asleep. Ah yes, sleep. Just a memory of days gone by since the arrival of my baby girl. 
Anyway, back in Blogland we are having a week featuring the letter S at Simon Says Stamp & Show! That could be stripes, spots, stash, stamps, sticky stuff, summer, Steampunk, to name but a few. As the title says, I went with Splat, Stamp and Stitch.

l thought it was time to get out the rest of my Ringmaster stamps as only the 'tash had been inked up. I have always loved this hand from my Steampunk set and now i have a big one to point the way..... The great thing about these 'sketched' stamps is being able to cut just the main image out if needed like I have done.
I love brown and blue together, be it feminine or grungy as here. I used a piece of Destinations paper for the blue base and had a free for all splatty time with my Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I always squeeze a little onto my craft mat first to get a wet applicator sponge tip and a nice juicy splat.

My white craft room wall is no longer white since being painted last summer that's for sure... l stamped the images onto cream cardstock and used Distress Ink to give an aged effect. I stamped and cut two words again on the tag for a bit of dimension.
I decided to add a few numbers to the blue card, then stitched around the edges and then assembled everything with a bit of my trusty parcel string for added depth. I decided to add a few numbers to the blue background, stitched  around the edges and then assembled it all with a bit of my trusty parcel string for added depth. Splat! Stitch! Stamp! Job done!
So now it's over to you and time for you to get busy with your "S"! Take a look at how the rest of the Design Team played around with the challenge here! All their creations are fabulous as always. Do join in! We are on the hunt for our top three artists and there is this very generous $50 voucher to be won too.
And with that, and a hop, skip and a jump (well kind of...) she was away. Have a great week and big thanks to all of you for so much continued support and bloggy visits!!!!
Until soon, Sarah.

12 comments:

Juls said...

This is fab!!! Hugs Juls

Helen said...

You had loads of fun here, and what a great idea this week's challenge is! Must try and find time to join in...!

Craftychris said...

Really cool, love it! xx

Lori said...

Fabulous, Sarah!

Candy C said...

Sarah...this is so cool! I am like you...love browns and blues together. I love your splats!!! I'll have to try that with my distress stains! I also love the pieces that you've stamped and added to the top of your background. Love the color you've stamped in and the distressing you've done on each piece. The stitching is also really cool and makes for a nice finish. Beautiful job...as usual! <3 Candy

Redanne said...

Hi Sarah, I just got this stamp set and you have made me want to ink it up now! Love how you cut out the hand, the tickets look fab and the blue background with splats is gorgeous - love the blue and brown together. Great sentiment too. Hugs, Anne x

Words and Pictures said...

I'm another blue&brown fan, and this is gorgeous - love those splats, and I can just imagine your white wall looking just as decorative now!
Alison x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous card, Sarah! I'm not surprised that you went with "stitch" for your "S" word, I always love that extra homemade touch it adds to your pieces when you run them under a sewing machine :)

*mwah*
Stephanie
Simon Says Stamp!

Kate Yetter said...

Loving your background! Awesome splatts and color scheme.

Janny Jager said...

Great tag Sarah with a lot of beautiful details.
Greetings Janny

Sandra said...

What a great card, Sarah. Love the splatter in the background, all the stamping, the stiching and also the beautiful sentiment! Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your little angel! Hope she’s doing great and as pretty as her mom. Anyway, I really love your work especially the question posted in it. Well, if you were to ask me. I still would go to that place. I know things will be complicated but I know my family and friends will be there to support me. God bless!


Please visit our Website: What is PhD by Publication?