Monday, May 13, 2013

O paper, thou art small and beautiful...

We may not have sunshine but we all have a little paper that's for sure. Crafters? A little paper? Now, there's an understatement if ever there was one. So the new challenge theme over at Simon Says Stamp & Show is right up everyone's street.
l love working in miniature and thought it would be great fun to have a go at one of those famous folding mini books. If you have no idea what I mean then check out this great You Tube tutorial  from Mr. Timotheus Holtz himself here!

l used a piece of 12 x12 from my Destinations Paper Stash. I love this collection, use it all the time and still seem to have lots of yummy pages left over. It's been a while since the old Steampunk fellows have gotten inky and just as long since I did something in my vintage shades...
I've decorated the back with some smaller pieces from the same paper stash. All the pages have been stamped with numbers throughout and I've also added a few typed quotes and images inside too.

I used Grungeboard for both the book-plate frame and the binding which gives the book a really nice sturdy feel - and it was also the perfect location for a Wordband!

There's more of less here too! Lots of mini tags that are tucked into the pockets of the book...
It's such a fun project to play with, adaptable to any style, colour of theme you like. I think they would make a great alternative to a greeting card too.
So there you go. Literally a bit of what you fancy! It's a really fabulous challenge theme. There's no excuse for not joining in this week. Check out the really wonderful  ideas from the rest of the Design Team here! We are on the hunt for our top three artists and there is this very generous $50 voucher to be won too. Do join in and share a little paper creativity with us.
That's me all done again. Gotta run, got one very mobile baby on the loose...Thanks for the visit! Have an inspired week and I'll see you soon.
Sarah.

25 comments:

Kezzy said...

Wow wow amazing stunning mini album, and so super cute its gorgeous. Hope all is ok it sounds like Ruby is growing up fast. Hugs Kezzy :-) xxx

Helen said...

Wonderful mini album, love all the steampunk touches.

Annie said...

Gorgeous little book Sarah. Good to hear Ruby is keeping you on your toes....enjoy every minute. :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Twiglet said...

I love your little book AND the denim tote below! Hope that little one is well - obviously keeping you busy too. x Jo

Hettie said...

Love Love Love this little book. It has been ages since I last made one of these and about time I made another!
Hugs
xx

Candy C said...

Sarah...your little book is so cute. I love the Tim elements you've added to create such a cool little vintage masterpiece. Love the spine of your book with the added metal band. Very cool and a great little detail! <3 Candy

Redanne said...

This is a fabulous little mini album Sarah! Love how there is room in the pages to store little pieces too. Love it! Hugs, Anne x

Craftychris said...

Such a cool mini book! xx

Suzanne C said...

AWESOME! love the pages and the cool binder with the fun tags!

Inkypinkycraft said...

A great make,ilove these steampunk gents and tis make is a fab way to show the off!trace x

Lori said...

Very cool Sarah! I love this! That word stick on the spine is fabulous!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such an amazing book Sarah in a great style...lovely!

kind regards, Alie :-)

Sandra said...

Ohh what a great mini book! Love the vintage feel of it! Really stunning! I didn't see this tutorial from Tim! I'm so gonna watch this one tonight :)! Thanks for the link! Hugs, Sandra

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous mini book, Sarah! I just love the way you bound it :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Maura said...

Awesome little book...bet it is full of treasures.

Gabby said...

Saw you on the SS blog. SUPER COOL mini book! Love your use of paper, die-cuts, and hardware in the design. I can only imagine how neat the inside pages are -- or will be! :) TFS this great project.

Belinda Basson said...

I have made these little guys for years and love them. They look so different depending on your choice of paper and embellies. I love what you have done here. So inspirational and thanks for the video link, it was fun to watch.

wintam said...

this is just beautiful! love it!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous mini book Sarah, love the binding and the added word band which sits perfectly. Wonderful distressing and gorgeous papers and stamping. Must try one of these. Tracy x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

FANTASTIC Sarah!!!! This mini is awesome! I love the papers and the tags! The spine is great as well...the vintage feel is yummy!

Marjie Kemper said...

How fabulous is this!?!? I love your cover and all the tuck-ins.

Uhu work said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monique said...

I must admit, I am a fan of little booklets and yours is just beautifull. Very inspiring.

Juls said...

Just gorgeous!! Hugs Juls xxx

nathwest said...

i like it a lot, nice job !